Nafasi Ya Kazi
Naomba niwasilishe kama nilivyotumiwa na mdau
Cluster Accountant Officer (Tabora)
Tanzania Full|NGO|2,000,001 - 2,500,000
Cluster Accounting Officer works with the Finance team to ensure that Pact’s financial policies and procedures and those of donors are adhered.
· Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
· Experience Level: Mid-level
· Experience Length: 2 years
Title: Cluster Accountant Officer
Reporting to: Finance Officer-Grants/Integrated Technical Cluster Manager
Location: Tabora (1 position)
Project: Kizazi Kipya.
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development. Pact Tanzania is a field office of “Pact” an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefit nature provides.
Cluster Accounting Officer works with the Finance team to ensure that Pact’s financial policies and procedures and those of donors are adhered to all times and Safeguarding funds set aside specifically for insurance of grants and ensuring that they are used in line with the purpose intended by donor and accurate financial records are maintained by Implementing Partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work as part of a team to implement Pact Sub-grants activities in accordance with worldwide Pact policies and procedures and ensure funds set aside for further distribution in a form of grants to other organization are used in line with the purpose intended.
· On assigned grantees/partners receive and review monthly financial reports against sub grantee budget, program reports and deliverables as well as supporting documentation to check for allowability, allocability and reasonability.
· Conduct site visits to provide grants and financial management technical assistance and document site visits findings and issues
· Prepare liquidation report of assigned grantees after review, verification of expenses and work with grantees to resolve outstanding issues.
· Receive advance request from assigned grantees and review them for correctness vis-a vis the budget past months spending and future obligation requirements.
· Work closely with Partner organizations, Pact finance team and other staff members in the compilation of data and preparation of monthly quarterly and annual reports
· Daily Support and Monitoring of Sub grantees on all Financial & Grants Management Aspects including internal controls and Fraud Management.
· Carry out other Finance related duties assigned by the Grants Finance Officer.
· A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting /Finance, or Advance Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
· NBAA Intermediate Stage Module D or higher modules will be added advantage.
· At least 2 years’ experience working in the finance area, in particular Grants Accounting.
· Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
· Prior experience in working with donor funded organizations and managing a functional level in a busy environment.
· Audit Experience is an added advantage.
· Proficiency in standard office computer applications, PARTICULARLY EXCEL.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Fluency in English and Swahili.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications will be Monday 18th May 2020.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Ndimi mtumishi wako,